How to remove coffee stains from clothes? This question has been on everyone’s mind since coffee became the favourite drink of many people around the world especially students who are studying hard to fulfil their dreams.
As you study hard to pass your exams, it is important that you pay attention to your health and appearance – and that includes how you look even if you aren’t going anywhere.
Because one day, as you grow up, you might need to attend meetings or conferences and those coffee stains on the shirt could be embarrassing especially if they’re new.
How To Remove Coffee Stains From Clothing
You can easily remove such coffee stains by knowing some home remedies. Such stains are not really difficult to remove. You just need some basic ingredients at home.
First is vinegar which has antibacterial properties and also very effective in removing stain from clothes caused by coffee, tea and other drinks like red wine, wine etc…
If you don’t have vinegar around the house, try using lemon juice because it is a natural bleach that’s why it is used many times for whitening clothes .
There are various ways to remove coffee stains from clothing and here are some of them:
1. The first one is by using white toothpaste. This will not only remove the coffee stains but also whiten your clothes.
After applying it on the stained area, rub gently with a sponge or cloth and wash as usual. You can even let it dry naturally and then iron it. You won’t believe that the stain is gone!
2. The second way is using baking soda and water to wipe off the stain(s) away . All you need to do is mix equal amounts of both ingredients and dab this mixture over the area where there’s coffee stain(s).
Leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with plain water.
3. If you don’t have baking soda in the house, there’s another alternative and that is using lemon juice and milk . Just apply this mixture directly on the stain and soak your clothes with it for 15 minutes before washing it with warm water.
4. Another way is to use a dry cleaning solvent that is recommended by professionals. You can also use dishwashing liquid or shampoo but they are only good when applied immediately after the coffee stains form unlike if you wait for hours or days – which would be hard because stains could set into clothing fabric making them very difficult to remove.
5. The other option is to go to a professional dry cleaner shop where coffee stains are common for getting rid of them off your shirt or dress.
Whether your clothes are white or coloured, professional dry cleaners know the right way to handle this type of stain from coffee, tea or Red wine.
It is important that you remove coffee stains as soon as possible after they form because if left on a shirt, make-up could also be removed and ruin it which means double work for getting rid of them completely.
However, even if the stain is set already, there’s still an option to go either to a dry cleaner or wash it with soap and water.
After removing such stains it’s very important that you treat the area where coffee dried up using some antiseptic liquid just in case any bacteria caused due to wetness comes into play. If not treated immediately, there might be rashes or blisters on the skin which is not good.
So, always carry a spare shirt when travelling with friends to avoid the embarrassment that coffee stains are causing. This way you will also be able to look neat and clean even if your shirt(s) are stained up.
There are several ways of removing coffee stains from different kinds of clothes.
Some require home remedies while others need professional assistance because they could dirty clothing by using chemicals.
It is important that you know how to remove them for lasting results.